Re: Weird problem with gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 11:04:15AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:06:06AM +0200, Demmer, Thomas wrote:
> >(gdb) run
> >Starting program: /m/c/insi.exe
> >
> >Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> >0x77e75a3f in KERNEL32!IsBadWritePtr () from
> >/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll
>
> Just continue through this error.  IsBadWritePtr throws a SEGV
> exception.  This is normal.

The problem, at least for me, is that with the new Cygwin 1.5.10, these
are getting generated very frequently in some code. We have a large
Motif (well, LessTif) app at work which runs on Cygwin, and with the new
DLL, we get dozens of these segfaults under gdb before we can get to the
point we're trying to debug. It makes using gdb almost prohibitively
difficult.

Is there some way to tell gdb *once* to ignore all of these? If not, is
there anything else that can be done to make debugging simple again?

--
paul