Re: dll version collision

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:58:09PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> UML is not linux.  It is a mechanism for running linux in userspace.

Well, the point was that it can be used for testing. I haven't said it
was linux, although for me it more or less is, as long as my kernel
module or application has the necessary API and run-time environment.
But I think you see what I mean, this goes OT.

> I thought from this discussion that no one has the technical skills or
> time necessary to use the facilities that are already part of cygwin.
> Asking whether we would accept patches seems either rhetorical or at
> least premature.

This is good news :) . Your words in the previous posting sounded so
stark and express that I wanted to eliminate the possibilities that: 1)
there is something fundamentally bad in that idea; 2) the code would
definitely have to be maintained separately.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.