Bug in cygwin/XP file system

Hi,
I use to build some source code located on a Linux PC by mounting a Network drive to that and accessing it over cygwin by "cd /cygdrive/X" and than do a "make". It seems like that it does not work on new cygwin (output of uname -a : CYGWIN_NT-5.1 gupta-xp 1.5.10(0.116/4/2) 2004-05-25 22:07 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin )

I am attaching two files to recreate the bug.
steps
1. Create a "TEST" directory on your local hard drive and on a Linux machine.
2. copy the attached script and makefile in that directory
3. map linux drive on your windows PC
4. open a cygwin shell
5. cd to "TEST" directory on your Linux PC mapped directory and run the script and than do a make
6. if you get a message like "rule to make subdir12.o not found", than you are seeing the bug. If not, it mysteriously works for you.
7. In case you saw the bug, cd to "TEST" directory on your local hard drive and run the script and do "make", it should work for you.

The test script just generate 100 sub directories under test and than generate .c files. make file try to generate libX.a out of those 100 objects.

Thanks,
Nitin

Note: when replying, please cc it to my email address, as I am not on cygwin mailing list.

--
NI+IN

.PHONY: target

VPATH   := $(sort $(filter-out CVS,$(shell find SUBDIRS -type d)))

OBJECTS := $(filter-out SUBDIRS.o,$(addsuffix .o,$(notdir $(VPATH))))

target:  libX.a

libX.a : $(OBJECTS)
	ar rucv $@ $(OBJECTS)

	#echo "VPATH: $(VPATH)"