Re: gcc inst hosed after upgrading to cygwin 1.5.10x

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Lex Ein wrote:

> Quoting: "One of the cygwin mailing lists is absolutely the proper place
> for reporting problems. The mailing lists were created for this express
> purpose. "
>
> So, your point was?

My point was the usual one when referring to *that* URL.  Quoting:

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report.  Please do not compress or otherwise encode the
output.  Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily
viewed."

Given this was a question about a possibly corrupt installed package,
it seemed straight forward to me that a check of installed packages was in
order, no?  That check was also requested (all be it more specifically) by
the GCC package maintainer.

I made no inference that the post was off topic.

So, your point was?

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer