Re: dll version collision

Hello, Michael!

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 04:53:17PM -0400, Michael Hale wrote:
> Is it possible to recompile a subset of the cygwin binaries to depend
> on cygwin1.dll renamed to something like build_cygwin1.dll?  How would
> I go about doing this?

This is a quite often-discussed topic, but there is not much info in the
archives. All I could understand is:

* It isn't possible with the current cygwin.

* One needs at least to rename the library and use different registry
  entries and shared memory areas in different versions; perhaps
  something else.

* Max Bowsher has a working version, albeit of an older cygwin. He
  wanted to patch the latest version himself, but I'm eager to see even
  the old patch, it would be a great starting point without duplicating
  the effort. Max, ple-e-ase :) ?

I'm also interested in this kind of setup, but unfortunately, I haven't
got much time for this. If you are going to work on this, I could also
contribute some bits.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.