Re: Can I get a GUI program to run when logged into cygwin via sshd?

At 07:29 PM 5/20/2004, you wrote:
>I have a program that I commonly run from the cygwin command line:
>
>  # /cygdrive/c/bin/runme.bat
>
>This executes a certain GUI program with specific command line
>arugments.  The GUI program's window materializes on the Windows
>desktop, the program does its batch processing thing, then it exits
>and the window disappears.  This is exactly how I like it to work.
>
>However, when I run sshd on this host, and ssh into it from another
>host, I try to run the same program:
>
>  # /cygdrive/c/bin/runme.bat
>
>But this time the GUI window does not materialize on the windows
>display, and the program seems to hang indefinitely.
>
>If I could get this program to run through its batch and then exit at
>the end, I would be satisfied, even if the GUI window doesn't
>materialize on the Windows desktop.
>
>Is there any way to acheive this?

See the '--interactive' flag of 'cygrunsrv'.  You'll need to uninstall and
reinstall the 'sshd' service to use this flag though.  Alternatively, you
can use the Windows "Services" admin applet to change the 'sshd' service.
Click on "Cygwin sshd", "Properties", the "Log on" tab, and then click
the "Allow service to interact with desktop".

Holliston, MA 01746