RE: Problems listing tasks under cygwin.

  You're lucky.  My copy of cygwin ps doesn't understand the -aux flag set
at all, because I don't have a user account named 'x' on my system.  ps
takes different flags on different systems, and "-aux" looks to me like
you're expecting it to use the same options as solaris ps.  It doesn't.  "ps
--help" for more.

> However trying ps -ef I obtain the right PID of the task.

  I'm still amazed that you get anything but an error message from the first
way you tried it.  I want to see some cut-n-paste output from your command
shell, because I think you probably haven't described the situation
accurately.

> Anyway if I'm trying to list the tasks under the user system
> (with the same
> privileges of root) runned out of cygwin, I see the
> associated PID but I can't
> kill the task, it says something like 'not such PID for the process'.

  Actually, SYSTEM has higher privileges in general than root.  It may well
be impossible to kill some tasks belonging to system because they may not
allow full access even to users with admin rights.  The error message may be
misleading, and maybe it should be saying "Access denied".

  Or maybe not, because you didn't tell us anything about what tasks or what
PIDs or exactly what output you're getting.  Next time you get an error and
want some help with it, I suggest you tell us what the error message
actually was, rather than just some vague approximation to it.  Saying "It
says something like" comes across as if you implying "But I couldn't be
bothered to make a proper note of it because I expect someone else to solve
all my problems for me anyway."  Fully detailed bug reports always get
better responses.

    cheers,
      DaveK