Re: Problems listing tasks under cygwin.

At 03:52 AM 5/18/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have the following trouble, if I try to do a ps -aux I obtain all the current
>tasks running under cygwin, but sometimes the PID listed is not the right one.
>However trying ps -ef I obtain the right PID of the task.
>
>Anyway if I'm trying to list the tasks under the user system (with the same
>privileges of root) runned out of cygwin, I see the associated PID but I can't
>kill the task, it says something like 'not such PID for the process'.
>
>P.D: To list the tasks in windows I use ps -W -ef under cygwin environment.
>
>Any clue?

I think you need to start back at the beginning.  Here's what I get:

# ps -aux
ps: user x unknown
# ps --version
ps (cygwin) 1.11
Process Statistics
Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Red Hat, Inc.
Compiled on Mar 18 2004
# cygcheck -f /bin/ps.exe
cygwin-1.5.9-1

Whatever you're running for 'ps' is not Cygwin's current version at least.

Holliston, MA 01746