tail and win file handling

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I was
wondering if there is work around (probably not ;-(

In unix you can do the following
tail -f /somefile
in another session
rm -f /somefile
echo OK > /somefile

of course the tail stops working, but the file is
recreated

On a cygwin box
tail -f c:/somefile
in another session
rm -f c:/somefile
echo OK > c:/somefile
'Access is denied'

So obviously the tail puts a lock on the file,
preventing an application from creating a new one,
which in my case breaks the application. Any thoughts
about how work around this, given I need to tail the
file ?

Thanks