Re: xemacs shell problem

Dave,

As a beginner Xemacs-user with hardly any understanding of lisp (yet) I have to make sure that I understand it correctly. You suggest that I should,
- Type "M-x eval-expression"
- Type "(setq process-connection-type nil) [return]"
- Observe that Minibuffer displays: "nil"
- Type "M-x shell"
- Execute the (darn) console program

Unfortunately the problem remains. :-(

- Levent

David Rothenberger wrote:
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Cygwin uses special pipes, called "pty"s, for applications that aren't
running in a console.  I'm guessing that XEmacs uses these ptys for its
shell buffer.

It does by default, but this behavior can be changed by executing

(setq process-connection-type nil)

before starting the shell mode. This will cause the shell mode to use pipes instead of ptys.

Levent, you may want to try that and see if it changes anything.

Dave