RE: function exported from DLL compiled under Cygwin

  Isn't this most likely to be caused by msvc and gcc having a different
idea about whether the function is stdcall or cdecl, rather than any kind of
runtime initialisation?  Such a simple function ought to work without any
problem.  (This does assume that you were indeed getting the exception at
the point you call the function, rather than at the point you LoadLibrary
the dll; that would indicate a different problem).

    cheers,
      DaveK