Re: user-specific mounts

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this subject was discussed a lot before, but I couldn't find a solution
> to my specific problem.
>
> Basically, I want that my services started as SYSTEM see c:\opt\c as
> root, and I see c:\cygwin as user ibr. To do this, I copied the mount
> entries from HKLM to HKCU and modified them accordingly. The services
> continue to see c:\opt\c as root. However, when I start bash as ibr, I
> still see c:\opt\c as my root. So, is it possible to do that, and if
> yes, how?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Baurjan.

Create a system-owned shell (via "at <curtime+1> /interactive bash -i")
and use "mount" to set up user mounts for the user "system".  You may need
to remove the system mounts altogether, and just create user mounts for
every potential Cygwin user, although the user mounts *should* take
precedence over the system ones.

BTW, your report would have benefited *a lot* from you following the
Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
and attaching your cygcheck output...
	Igor
--