Re: No display?

On Thu, 13 May 2004, GRÉPÁLY András wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to run a windows application by sshing to a cygwin box. The
> problem is, altough the program starts, it is not shown on the display
> (of the cygwin box). Is there any solution for remotely starting a
> program and allowing it to use the display?
>
> If I start the program from a cygwin console, everything is ok.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Andras Grepaly

Just to be clear on this: you're connecting via ssh to a Cygwin box (call
it "A") from another machine (call it "B"), and you want the application
started from that ssh session to show up on "A"'s display?  If so, look
into the "--interactive" flag to cygrunsrv (this will also pop up a
console window for the sshd process -- an unfortunate, but unavoidable,
side-effect).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/