Re: ncftp: Who are you?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On May 7 11:26, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

When I use ncftp I get the following:

Who are you?
You have a user id number of 13307, but no username associated with it.

Problem is my uid is 78843:

78843-13307=65536

That's no coincidence. ncftp has apparently never been rebuilt under 1.5.x to become 64 bit clean.

This is interesting. So you are saying, since ncftp is not 64 bit, and because my userid > 65536 that ncftp maps my uid incorrectly and cannot find me in /etc/passwd?
--
One-seventh of your life is spent on Monday.