Re: g++ 3.4.0 cygwin, codegen SSE & alignement issues

Ross Ridge wrote:
Well, if SDL is using Win32 functions to create threads then that's
something that needs to be fixed in SDL.
SDL on cygwin as a whole must be fixed ;)
I'll see what's their take on the subject once i get a functionnal binary etc.

Probably not, I don't think this bug has been reported yet.  I modified
my copy of GCC to not put constants in .rdata, and put them in .text
like older versions of GCC used to do.  That's not a good fix though.
A better fix would be to modify binutils to so that .rdata has a hardcoded
16-byte input section alignment, just like .text and .data have currently.
The proper fix would be for binutils to actually support section alignment
in PE COFF object files.

I see. It's much more reasonable. Tho i find rather strange that gcc doesn't put those in a special section and implicitely asks for a 16 bytes alignement for all constants (when it's only really needed for some specific target optimizations), but that's just my armchair expert opinion.
If the burden falls onto binutils, so be it.
Is that considered as a cygwin only 'issue' or a more general one, and where should i forward this discussion?
(it sounds like it's time to give PE & binutils a glance)

Thanks for your time,
	tbp.