fetchmail/procmail lost messages

How can I configure fetchmail/procmail to fail *safe*? So that, if there are any mail processing problems, messages are not lost?

I recently started using fetchmail, procmail, and mutt to handle email on my pc in cygwin.

Apparently, if procmail has a problem, the particular message is lost. My poor little procmail has had a variety of problems, and has lost a variety of messages at this point. Each problem has been easy to fix, but the messages are long gone.

For example, today the hard drive that I use for both the spool file and my mail boxes was off-line. Five messages to /dev/null.

I'm inclined to think this is a bad design. Or have I got it configured incorrectly?

.fetchmailrc
set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log
set invisible
set no bouncemail

poll "pop.mail.yahoo.com"
protocol pop3
username "mumble"
password "mumble"
fetchall
nokeep
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

.procmailrc
MAILDIR=/cygdrive/g/cygwin/home/kellyf/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox