Re: incorrect dos version

Daniel Senderowicz wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this list. I read the FAQ but I couldn't find an answer
nor a fix for my problem. I just installed the latest cygwin version
(1.5.9) on a PC running windows NT-4.0. Everything went OK, and I
can run programs from the console. However when I try to 'startx'
it comes back with the message "Incorrect DOS version". I was

Check if you have any old DOS command line tools in your path with names like any cygwin executables, i.e. grep, cut, tar, gzip etc.

wondering if this is something that can be fixed or it happens with
all NT systems. Many thanks in advance.

It has most likely nothing to do with NT.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451