Volunteering To Help Write Cygwin Java Swing Setup Program

Hi, all...

I am a Java developer specializing in Java Swing and internationalization. I don't use Windows much (I use Mac OS X and Linux), but when I do I am extremely grateful for the availability of Cygwin software.

However, I have been often been frustrated by the user interface of the setup software. I have installed cygwin on several machines, and almost every time it has been painful and time consuming. I am grateful that the setup software exists, but wish it were better. Perhaps a more friendly user interface would even result in more people using Cygwin software.

If others feel the same way, and would like to look into writing a new setup program, I would like to offer my assistance.

Here's what I'm thinking:

We write a Java Swing setup program with a clean separation of model and view/controller components. This way, if someone wants to write an alternate view component (in SWT, for example), the amount of work to do so is minimized.

Realistically I could not take responsibility for this entire project, so this would only be viable if others were willing to help. I could be most productive on the user interface side.

Is this the most appropriate or productive venue for raising this question? If not, can you suggest another forum or means of communication that would be better?

Thanks,
Keith Bennett