Jabber Module Compilation Errors (MSN-T) on Cygwin

Hi,

I am not that familiar with the c/c++ world, hence
please do forgive me if what I say does not make
sense;)And I would really appreciate it if you can
give some hints to the problem since it has been
driving me crazy.

I am trying to compile msn-t module of jabber by
creating a shared library which will be later loaded
by the jabber executable, and at linking stage I am
getting dozens of errors...

Basically, what "make" does in this case is to create
object files first from bunch of c files by including
jabber header files (which is specified by
-I/usr/local/jabber/jabberd), i.e. :

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include
-I/usr/local/include -I../include -I.
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/jabber/jabberd
-I/usr/include -fPIC -shared -Wall -g -O2 -Wno-unused
-c stream.c

And, all of these are compiling fine, without any
problem...

Then, it tries to link these object files to a shared
library file (msntrans.so) using:

gcc  -Wall -g -O2 -Wno-unused  -shared -o msntrans.so
init.o chat.o cmd.o conf_room.o conf_sb.o iq.o md5.o
ns.o passport.o presence.o receive.o register.o s10n.o
session.o stream.o sync.o user.o utils.o xhtml.o
-L/usr/lib -lcurl

However, this gcc is failing by giving dozens of
errors like:

init.o(.text+0x159): In function `mt_init_curl':
/usr/local/jabber/msn-t/src/init.c:41: undefined
reference to `_xmlnode_get_tag'

All of these methods are declared in the jabber header
files, which were referenced with
-I/usr/local/jabber/jabberd while compiling the object
file, and once again, compilation of init.c does not
give any error, what so ever...

One more thing to mention is that, this .so file will
actually be loaded by the jabber executable which
means jabber runtime will have access to these methods
at runtime, so I am not sure why this gcc is failing.
Also, I am getting this for all other jabber modules.

Please not that this compiles fine fine on *UX, I
heard.

Thanks in advance,
CD