FW: Does anyone know how to invoke a bash process via a dos batch program so commands after bash execute?

You want CALL

Call batch2.bat

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Matthew O. Persico
Sent: Tuesday, 13 April 2004 1:17 p.m.
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Does anyone know how to invoke a bash process via a dos batch
program so commands after bash execute?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:05:15 -0400, "Lipin, Adam"
<Adam.Lipin@morganstanley.com>said:
> Does anyone know how to invoke a bash process via a dos batch
> program so
> commands after bash execute?

'bash' is a red herring in this case. Try this:

batch1.bat:
REM This is batch1.bat
batch2.bat test
echo back from batch2.bat
exit

batch2.bat:
REM this is batch2.bat
echo %1
echo bash
echo %1

When I execute batch1.bat in a DOS window, I never get the echo back from
batch2.bat. Notice I removed the exit from batch2.bat. Methinks that
invoking batch2.bat replaces the current process (in UNIX speak) so that the
rest of batch1.bat is never executed.

And now that I have shown this thread to have no Cygwin content whatsoever,
I think it is time to end it. Or else, we're flame-bait for sure.

--
Matthew