Re: Uninstall packages/dependecies

At 03:48 PM 4/8/2004, you wrote:

>I'm curious if there is a way to force the setup.exe to disable
>automatic dependecies and automatic package upgrade/selection.  It
>makes it quite inconvient when trying to uninstall many packages from
>the system (whole categories), but when clicking on a few stray ones
>(to set to skip/uninstall) it automatically checks a ton more.

Do you have a specific example of this?

>In
>some cases, I am completely unable to install certain packages due to
>cyclic dependencies.  Is there a workaround or other solution
>available?

AFAIK, dependencies are only enforced when you select something for
the purposes of installing.  So a concrete example would be helpful
here.  Your /var/log/setup.log.full might be useful to see as well,
assuming it corresponds to the session where you notice the problems
you're reporting.

Holliston, MA 01746