RE: strange install problems

These are your windoze environment vars I'm referring to; you can see them
by right clicking on the "My Computer" icon and choosing "Properties" from
the menu; on the "Advanced" tab of the properties there should be a button
that says "Environment variables".  Click that and you should see them
appear, listed in two groups, one of overall settings for the entire machine
and one of per-user settings just for you.  Have a good look through them to
see if any refer to H:

    cheers,
      DaveK