Re: Trailing commandline arguments not allowed.

Yes I do.

So I followed the directions.  It said "you must run httpd as root initially."
  To do this make a change so that I have, " User Guest."
 Of course no one in their right mind enables the Guest account
but I went ahead and left my Guest account alone
(the directions did not say to enable that account) and made the entry directed.

Then the directions say, "To install and start the HTTP daemon as Windows service use
this command:

  $ cygrunsrv -I httpd -d "CYGWIN httpd (apache)" -p /usr/sbin/httpd.exe -a "-F"
  $ cygrunsrv -S httpd "

So I went ahead and did that.  The Service is now in my Services applet set to start automatically at boot.
  This looks alittle suspicious to me since the $cygrunsrv -S httpd will NOT occur at boot
but hey I'm just following the directions.

I rebooted and the Apache server was not working.  I had to fire up Cygwin off my desktop into
 the bash shell and
$/usr/sbin/apachectl start to get the server running.

Again this is not the normal way of a service at boot.  It doesn't work.

Any other suggestions to get the Apache server to start as a service in the normal way?

George Hester