Re: _fnctl64 cannot be found

At 04:31 PM 3/11/2004, you wrote:
>I just upgraded from 1.5.5 cygwin to 1.5.7 cygwin.
>When I try to run it I get _fnctl64 can not be found
>errors.
>
>The reason I upgraded was because I was trying to
>compile code that was using the >2GB calls like
>lseek64, fstat64, open64, ...
>
>What am I missing in my cygwin build, because of these
>errors?

You can't have upgraded from anything more than Cygwin 1.3.22
if you're getting this complaint when you run.  64 bit file
operations were introduced for 1.5.1.  You apparently have an
old DLL hanging around somewhere.  Find it.  Delete it.  If
you cannot find it, you may just need to reboot (because
you didn't after setup asked you to).  If that's not it,
throw out your computer and buy a new one.  It's apparently
broken (i.e. there's no other reason for this kind of problem).

Holliston, MA 01746