A FTP class using C++

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any c++ class (or library) under g++ which allows me to easily connect, access and operate on remote FTP servers.
The second question is about the ODBC drivers: is it possible to write a program which connects to a database (Oracle, Access, etc.), execute some SQL statements, retrieve and modify the records in the  database.

To be honest I was searching on the internet, but I could not find anything in the open source env.
Just MS Visual and Borland libraries. But I would like to write my program under Windows and then port it easily to Linux or other Unix systems.

Thank you for any kind of help,

Przem

Deutsche Bank AG
Risk Controlling
Credit Risk Engineering & Implementation
            /  Daily Credit Risk

Tel.:  (+44 20) 754 59676 London
Fax:   (+44 20) 754  71060 London