Re: 1.5.7: Problem with tcsh 6.12.00-7 / sed 4.0.8-1

Hello,

Regarding your question, Corinna, I am using Cygwin's latest stable (the one
you get when you download <http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe> and install current
versions of packages). I am considerably more interested in a stable system
than in a "state-of-the-art" system, which is why I am avoiding the use of
snapshots.

However, I have other developments regarding this problem:
I have managed to reproduce the problem now in a "bash" script as well. It
still uses plenty of "sed"s, but the hang happened in a call to "basename".

I am beginning to believe that this problem has to do with a misbehavior of
Cygwin on dual-CPU machines / on Xeons / on dual-Xeon machines.

Any feedback, but especially from people with experience using Cygwin on such
platforms, will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael.

Quoting Michael Brand: