Re: python and cygwin

* Totte Karlsson (2004-02-21 02:45 +0100)
> When I open up a "cygwin-bash" on windows, I just thought that I
> could use my already installed "win-32" python. I realize now that
> you can't

As I already told you in my answer: You *can* with a little effort.
Python as a multiplatform scripting language is even better suited for
that as any other Windows tool/program.

> and I think that creates problems. As a programmer I don't like do
> have to duplicate things. I only want one "repository".

When you install Zope for instance on Windows you have to make some
effort to use an existing Python installation and not the Python
interpreter that comes with Zope. Same with Cygwin.

Thorsten