Re: good top program for Cygwin

Thanks Larry - that was it - added procps and now works alot better...
cheers Simon
[/cygdrive/h] Bash ver:2.05b.0 Wed Feb 18
 $ man top
TOP(1)                        Linux User's Manual
TOP(1)

NAME
       top - display top CPU processes

SYNOPSIS
       top [-] [d delay] [p pid] [q] [c] [C] [S] [s] [i] [n iter] [b]

DESCRIPTION
       top  provides  an  ongoing look at processor activity in real time.
It
       displays a listing of the most CPU-intensive tasks on the  system,
and
       can  provide  an  interactive interface for manipulating processes.
It
       can sort the tasks by CPU usage, memory usage and runtime.  can be
bet-
       ter  configured than the standard top from the procps suite.  Most
fea-
       tures can either be selected by an interactive command or by
specifying
       the  feature  in  the  personal  or system-wide configuration file.
See
       below for more information.