Pserver on cygwin corrupts binary files

I'm using a cvs pserver on cygwin and I find that when I pull (checkout,
update, etc) binary file from the repository they come out corrupted,
i.e. can't be opened with jar, etc. Using the cvs command locally works
fine. If I'm not mistaken, I've used used a cvs pserver previously
without this problem. Does any have any idea what my problem might be? I
specify dos line endings when I set up Cygwin, if that makes any
difference.

Thanks,
Chuck