Re: Building dll's and executables in same package

Hallo Yaakov,

Am Freitag, 13. Februar 2004 um 07:22 schriebst du:

> Charles Wilson wrote:

> | You might want to use automake+autoconf+libtool, instead of just
> | autoconf+libtool.

> Do I need to --force these?  See below.

I usually run `autoreconf --install --force --verbose` and add the
-no-undefined flag where neccessary.

|>> 2) I added an empty main function to one of the src .c files:
|>>
|>> +int main ()
|>> +{ return 0; }
> |
> | You don't need to do this.

> I got this from the Cygwin FAQ, regarding WinMain@16 errors.  When I
> didn't do this, after autoconf and libtoolize, I still get:

You won't get these errors when using current autotools which you get
into the sourcetree when running
`autoreconf --install --force --verbose`.

[snip]

Fribidi is not an easy candidate, they included libtool.m4 as
acinclude.m4 in the source directory which is really bad since this
overrides the system libtool.m4 when running configure creats libtool,
see my patch here:

http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/fribidi/

Gerrit
--