cygwin movemail file truncation

Hi! I'm trying to figure out a problem I seem to be having with cygwin
movemail, installed in

    /usr/sbin/emacs/21.2/i686-pc-cygwin/movemail

My mail directory for procmail/fetchmail is ~/usr/mail. HOME is
/users/pwisnovsky. /users is mounted from C:/Documents and Settings in
textmode:

    c:\Documents and Settings on /users type system (textmode)

I have a mailbox tmp.spool which got mail routed into it via
procmail/fetchmail:

    -rw-------    1 pwisnovs mkgroup-    67067 Feb 13 10:32 tmp.spool

When I run movemail -p tmp.spool tmp I end up with

    -rw-rw-r--    1 pwisnovs mkgroup-     1024 Feb 13 11:17 tmp
    -rw-------    1 pwisnovs mkgroup-    67067 Feb 13 10:32 tmp.spool

Ick! Where did the rest of my email go? I'm trying to bin up my email using
procmail automagically for later perusal via Emacs VM.

Any suggestions? Could this be a CR/NL/lseek issue? I'm running the cygwin
emacs 21.2.1 under Xfree86.

Thanks!

Peter