Re: cygwin rebooting computer

At 01:25 PM 2/11/2004, Shankar Unni you wrote:
>Anders Nyström wrote:
>
>>Now, my harddisk is partitioned in 2 so sometimes (not always)
>>when doing cd /cygdrive/d TAB, teh computer goes black = softboot = reset
>>Am I doing anything wrong or what
>
>I'm sure Chris and others are getting tired of saying this by now, so:
>
>Follow the guidelines in http://cygwin.com/problems.html for reporting these problems. That'll be a good start. Please follow the directions *exactly*, especially the one about attaching your cygcheck output as an *attachment*.
>
>No, cygwin shouldn't cause the OS to crash, so there's something else going on here..

Quite right.  And while any problem report to this list should follow the
guidelines of the link you pointed to, in this case, it's unlikely that
additional information will help anyone here diagnose the problem.  These
crashes are bugs in the O/S or drivers.  Much to the chagrin of some folks
on this list, we're not a Windows O/S help desk. ;-)  So much discussion of
the issue is off-topic for this list.

Sorry.

Holliston, MA 01746