Re: "entry point __getreent" not found errors with sshd and inetd

At 10:47 PM 2/9/2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
...snip...
There is only one reason for this: You have an older version of the DLL
on your system.  If you have googled, you should have seen that every
single time someone says "I don't have an older version" it eventually
turns out that they do.  The suggested way of finding the errant DLL is
to do something like:
...snip...

Okay, you can add me to the list of people who see the light...

I had grown impatient waiting for Windows search (I know now that this was probably my first mistake) to search my hard drive, and had reduced my search to the obvious locations. Turns out I had installed the WinAVR tool suite a couple weeks ago, and it had installed its own copy of cygwin1.dll in its own bin directory.

Sorry for wasting the bandwidth, and thanks for the help Larry and Chris.

-Chris