Re: Windows XP Pro / Cygwin / CVS / OpenSSH ==> cvs [server aborted]: /opt/cvs: no such repository

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Flo wrote:

> My last message on this mailing list was about uninstalling Cygwin to
> re-install it and solve my problem but my problem still.
>
> I installed a CVS Server and OpenSSH on Cygwin.
> I succesfully remotly connect to my server via SSH
> But when i try to checkout the CVSROOT module remotly i get this message :
> cvs [server aborted]: /opt/cvs: no such repository
>
> I think i made correctly the permission settings like this :
>
> 1. Add a Unix group cvs to your system. Any users who need to access the
> repository should be in this group. For example, here's the relevant
> line from my machine's /etc/group file:
> cvs:*:105:kfogel,sussman,jimb,noel,lefty,fitz,craig,anonymous,jrandom
> 2. Make the repository's group ownership and permissions reflect this
> new group:
> floss$ cvs -d /opt/cvs init
> floss$ cd /opt/cvs
> floss$ chgrp -R cvs .
> floss$ chmod ug+rwx . CVSROOT
>
> I made the same install (CVS and SSH) on another PC and i don't have
> this problem, i successfuly checkout this module.
>
> What can i do ?
> Flo

You can read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at the
link below:

Please pay particular attention to the part about attaching the output of
"cygcheck -svr" to your message (as an uncompressed text *attachment*).
This will contain enough information about your system to allow diagnosing
the problem.

If I had to take a WAG based on the meager information you've already
supplied, you probably have one or more of your mounts set up as user, not
system.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/