Executing windows commands via ssh

Hi!

I've been through page after page without finding the answer, so now I
try here.

We are trying to find a way to execute commands remotely on a Windows XP
box. We were hoping to be able to install a SSH server (sshd) and then
login and execute.

But only partial success followed...

We can install a SSH server and login to it from another PC using
eg. PuTTY, no problem. We get into the remote machine and can do dir,
cd, etc. But if we try executing other programs, nothing seems to
happen. For instance we have found a program that can change the
resolution of the Windows screen, ResSwitch. It can be called from a DOS
prompt like this:

----------
C:\>ResSwitch 800 600 32 60
----------

If it is run without the right number of parameters ResSwitch displays a
requester explaining it's usage.

If we run the same command via SSH nothing happens! The prompt just
returns and nothing is changed:

----------
C:\>ResSwitch 800 600 32 60

C:\>
----------

This is strange, as the "ResSwitch.exe" *is* found. This we believe
because we get an error if we type something non-existant:

C:\>thingy
'thingy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So what to do? Do we need to tell the Windows environment to allow the
SSH login to manipulate the Windows settings, some kind of "xhost +"?

If this *is* in the documentation somewhere please forgive me and direct
my attention in the right direction! :-)

/dorf