Re: wincvs and cygwin (tcl DLL naming issue)

Daniel Atallah wrote:

I agree with both of you.  It is definitely a path
problem, and i also agree that the cygwin bin
shouldn't be in the windows path and vice versa.

Well, we also use Cygwin tools from a lot of non-cygwin programs (e.g. Visual C++), so it has to be in the Windows Path, at least for me.

(Larry Hall: this may be why you couldn't reproduce this problem - it doesn't happen unless (a) you have c:\cygwin\bin in your PATH, and (b) you have the Cygwin tcl/tk and/or Python installed, and (c) you don't have any native Windows Tcl or Python installed).

Anyway, given that this will happen even in other circumstances, I'd just like to understand what it is that has changed to cause this to hang.

But I don't want to waste anyone's time debugging this - I was just looking to see if anyone had an "oh yeah, xxx or yyy has changed" type ready answer. If not, let's just document this and move on..