Re: [v2.416] Cannot install Cygwin, using setup.exe

At 03:03 AM 2/4/2004, Jochen Dehmer you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a problem in installing cygwin. It won't
>work :(
>I describe what I were doing:
>
>1) Start setup.exe v2.416
>2) Clicked next
>3) Chosen: Install from local directory
>4) Clicked next
>5) Root directory: "C:\Cygwin", install for "all
>users", default text file type "Unix"
>6) Clicked next
>7) Local package directory "C:\Temp"
>8) Clicked next
>[MD5 Check here]
>9) Set all categories to "Install"
>10) CANNOT click next nor back. Just Cancel works
>fine. :-(
>
>So, how am I able to install cygwin using
>setup.exe?
>
>Some further stories about this pc:
>[Windows 2000, German edition]
>[P3 500Mhz, 768 MB RAM (SDRAM)]
>Before I want to install this cygwin, I tried to
>install some older version (don't know exactly
>which version). The installation process won't
>complete. It locks up itself on about 80% of total
>installation completed.
>Using taskmanager to kill the setup process,
>delete the installed files manually and delete 2
>registry keys (cygnus solutions) should leave a
>clean system (i think).
>Now all I want to do is to reinstall cygwin, but
>the "next" button is always disabled :( I am not
>able to install cygwin.
>
>Anybody knows what this is about?

Yep.  Here's one short thread on the issue.

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-09/msg00045.html>

Doesn't look like it's been debugged by anyone so if you're interested,
take a look.  IIRC, the problem is only noticed when installing from
a local directory.  If you're just looking for the "quick fix", try
installing from the Internet.

Holliston, MA 01746