Backing up my Cygwin installation

Hello,
I unintentionally updated perl to 5.8.2 from 5.8.1. After having done this, Tk didn't work anymore. I tried using the cygwin setup tool to revert perl versions, but after trying all of the 5.8.x versions, nothing helped. After much messing around, I seemed to have messed up my installation well enough that I couldn't get any version of perl to install correctly (It kept telling me that it was missing a perl dll and that re-installing would help). After all of this, I said "**** it" and started a new cygwin installation.

My question now is how do I backup up my cygwin installation. If I make a copy of all of c:\cygwin, is it good enough to just delete the current c:\cygwin directory and restore the backup?

	Thanks,
	  Charles