Re: G++ for CygWin

Dave wrote:

> [...]

There are always sveral packages at the download mirrors where you fetch
the GCC source, one which includes all and several smaller packages.
These smaller packages are gcc-core which includes the backend and the
C-frontend and the other small packages include the other frontends.
Cygwin GCC comes in addition to these packages with a pascal frontend.

E.g.:
If you want to install g++ you'll need the package `gcc-g++`, this pulls
automatically the backend package which is currently named `gcc' (may be
changed to `gcc-core') and the according MinGW packages.  Similar with
`gcc-java' and the others.

Eventually I will add the installation of `gcc-g++' as an requirement to
the basic GCC installation since in previous releases it was one larger
package which includes gcj, g++, g77 and gcc and the actual compilers
and headers and the users are still used to get g++ automatically with
this one huge package.  Since I included also the frontends for Ada,
ObjC and Pascal, the package would be really large and we already had
lots of complaints about the size of the old gcc package (mainly since
java was included), so it was separated.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html