Re: freeze-up running bash and make

Dylan,

Even though it would be nice if the strace output contained the version of
the Cygwin DLL you use, it doesn't (PTC, I guess).  So your report is not
exempt from attaching the output of "cygcheck -svr".

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have just upgraded to the latest cygwin, and our build process doesn't
> work anymore. (it freezes with no messages and not even the ability to press
> ctrl-c to get out)

Again, "latest cygwin" is too vague to even make guesses about.  Is it
1.5.6?  Is it a snapshot?

> We are running "bash -c make" from a std command.com style prompt.

You mean "cmd.exe"-style prompt? ;-)

> Oddly, f we run make from an already existing rxvt or bash shell window here
> is no problem. (maybe something to do with the difference between
> using --login or not?)

Hmm, why not test it (using 'bash --login -c "cd $PWD && make"')? :-)

> I have attached the strace output.
>
> Regards
> Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.

FWIW, there were some similar-sounding bash hang problems that were fixed
in the latest snapshot (soon to become 1.5.7).  It would be great if you
tested it and confirmed that it fixes your problem as well (or, if it
doesn't, at least provided a proper bug report).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu