Patch suggestion for netcat-1.10.2 (ping Corinna)

Hi CV, I see you're listed as netcat maintainer.

I've got a small patch for netcat that gives it two new options (-D/-X) to force dos or unix line ends when it's sending to the network. This comes in quite useful for things like HTTP and SMTP servers, since strict ones only accept CRLF. Default is to just behave as it does presently, and the entire patch is wrapped in ifdef for good measure. Dunno if you'll think it's a good idea or not, but here it is for your entertainment. Heh, I didn't know whether to do a gnu-style changelog or one in the style of the existing changelogs, so I did both.

cheers,
DaveK
--
040124
Added -D and -X options to force DOS or *nix EOLs when reading stdin.