Re: bash, dircolors, setsid and a stackdump

Rafael Kitover wrote:

I would dearly love to know how you get those lovely line numbers in the
stackdump :)

I used the unstripped DLL from my CVS build and then used addr2line on each function address in the stacktrace, specifying the DLL as the executable. I.e.,

addr2line -e /bin/cygwin1.dll <ADDRESS>

I don't know whether it's necessary to be running the unstripped DLL when the stacktrace is generated, but I was.

I have since discovered that while dircolors does cause the stackdump, the problem is not dircolors. With that line commented from /etc/profile, I don't get a stackdump but the script does not complete its execution. I determined this by executing the script

---begin script---
#!/bin/sh
echo foo > t
sleep 10
---end script---

and noting that t was created but of zero length.

Dave