Re: wget FTP wildcards

But, as you can see, I'm trying to do __FTP__ connection,
and these allows wildcards usage (according to wget
man pages). Maybe "-g on" option will help... I'm gonna try... No.
I know it works on Linux, why not on cygWin? Do I need special settings?
Or wget thinks I'm trying to make http connection? Why? I specified
FTP protocol. How to force the protocol?

  Well, like the error message tells you,

> Warning: wildcards not supported in HTTP.

  You're trying to use a feature that doesn't exist.  Just don't, and the
problem will go away.

  The actual way to use wget to fetch every file in a directory would be to
use the options "-r -l1".  You can also use the various accept and reject
options of wget to try and narrow in on the precise set of files that you
want.

  If you really, really, *really* want a pattern matching version of wget,
it would always be possible to make a shell script that calls "wget
--spider" to list all the files without fetching them, parses the output
using sed, perl, grep or awk to make a list of the matching names, writing
them into a temp file as it goes, and finally calls "wget --input-file=" to
download only the files that matched.

    cheers,
      DaveK

  vencík <vencik@razdva.cz>