RE: RSH1001 rsh command error

I think you are wright, Dave.
I have realized i'm not using cygwin rsh ( it's reflection's one!!! )
What is the path of cygwin's rsh? I can't find it at the bin directory.
At 12:51 21/01/2004 +0000, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

1) This isn't a cygwin problem.

2) The error message makes it perfectly clear that RSH expects an
environment variable called NETUSER, not USER or USERNAME.

3) It's still not a cygwin problem.

4) Although when you're using rsh the username on the remote system is
usually the same as your local username, sometimes you'll want to act as a
different user on the remote system.  That's why rsh uses a different
variable rather than USER or USERNAME.

5) It's still not a cygwin problem.

6) Did you read the man page for rsh "man rsh", the info page "info rsh", or
the usage info "rsh --help" before you posted this?

7) It's still *soooooo* not a cygwin problem.  The cygwin version of rsh
doesn't even contain the text for that error message you just described.
Are you using MKS or SFU rsh, perhaps?

DaveK