Re: CVS instructions

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:04:14PM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> >A cvs update from src/ also downloads many other modules (I
> >guess all from
> >http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/?cvsroot=src),
> >not just the changes from a winsup checkout:
> >
> >U djunpack.bat
> >U bfd/COPYING
> >U bfd/ChangeLog
> >
> >Am I missing something obvious from the instructions ?
>
> It depends on what instructions you're talking about.  You must have
> specified the '-d' option when you performed your 'cvs update', either
> on the command line ('cvs update -d') or in .cvsrc ('update -d').
>
> Yes, this would pull in everything in the 'src' directory --
> by design.

I had update -d -P in .cvsrc.

Without -d it still downloads djunpack.bat.

I thought -d was recommended, so any directories added to
modules you have checked from repositories are created when you
do an update. Will a cvs update take care of them for Cygwin ?
If yes, I can just use cvs -f update.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html