Re: cygwin-1.5.6-1 Vim now broken

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:39:19PM -0500, Brian.Kelly@Empireblue.com wrote:
>I installed the new 1.5.6-1 and rebooted. I then went to edit a file with
>vim. I changed one line of code and went to save the file. This is what
>happened:
>
> - vi FA_lib.pm
>'Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
>Vim: preserving files...
>
>Basically I cannot use Vim to edit files - as it now stands.

Editing files works fine, AFAICT.  Vim seems to be dying on exit.

This is a malloc overrun.  I think I have a fix but it seems to be in
Corinna's code so I've alerted her and will let her make the final
decision.

It's incredible that in the hours and hours of testing that I did,
I never saw this problem or the problem with bash, both of which
are easily reproducible.

Expect a 1.5.7 shortly.  In the meantime, everyone, please bang on 1.5.6
and flush out any other problems so that I don't need to release a 1.5.8.

And, no, screen becoming screwed up in an rxvt session is not a show
stopper.

Don't forget the cygcheck output...

cgf