Re: regtool freezes on XP (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.6-1)

I think the problem is bash, not regtool. The following script also displays the problem:

---begin script---
#!/bin/sh
ls
---end script---

Running the script through /bin/sh makes the problem go away. (I.e., execute "sh -c scriptname.sh" from the Run menu.)

Dave

Rolf Campbell wrote:
When I run this script *not* from another cygwin program (Windows Run menu as "bash -c scriptname.sh", or from W32 GNU Emacs)
---begin script----
#!/bin/sh
echo -n Getting location...
regtool get '\'
---end script----
I get the expected output:
Getting location...Unknown key prefix. Valid prefixes are:
root
HKCR
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
config
HKCC
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
user
HKCU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
machine
HKLM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
users
HKU
HKEY_USERS

BUT, it then freezes (that is sh.exe freezes, after regtool finishes) (Ctrl+C does nothing, kill -9 does nothing, /bin/kill -f works). This worked correctly in 1.5.5, and it still works on my Win2000Pro box, but not on my XP box. It does not matter what arguments you pass to regtool (I just tried it with none and it still froze). This is a hyperthreaded machine (if that makes any difference). I can try it with HT turned off if you want.