RE: regtool freezes on XP (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwi n-1.5.6-1)

On Mon, January 19, 2004, Rolf Campbell wrote:

> When I run this script *not* from another cygwin program (Windows Run
> menu as "bash -c scriptname.sh", or from W32 GNU Emacs)
> ---begin script----
> #!/bin/sh
> echo -n Getting location...
> regtool get '\'
> ---end script----
> I get the expected output:
> BUT, it then freezes (that is sh.exe freezes, after regtool finishes)
> (Ctrl+C does nothing, kill -9 does nothing, /bin/kill -f
> works).

When I run

C:\dbyron>bash -c foo

from cmd.exe, it works when foo contains

#!/bin/sh
echo hello

or just

echo hello

but it hangs with no output at all when it contains

#!/bin/sh
DATE=`/usr/bin/date`
echo hello

The script runs fine when executed from a bash prompt.  Hope this helps.

-DB