Problem using kill for child process

Hi,
Maybe this is a little bit stupid from me but it
appears I got some problem killing an innocent child
process (I show the code below ...)

Got Cygwin from cygwin.com about 15 days ago...running
on Windows2000

If I call from my parent process a simple kill(pid)
then it doesn't stop the child process at all, or
maybe after more than one minute but I don't think
so...
If I send from my parent process a kill(pid,x) where x
is 1 or 9, then when I wait after in parent for child
termination with waitfunction I have a segmentation
fault during wait...
PS if parent is killed with Ctrl-C, I can kill child
then from shell with kill pid
Thanks for your help
Pierre

#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys\types.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>

int main(int argc,char ** argv){

pid_t pid;
int times = 10;
int i;

pid=fork();
if (pid < 0){
	return 1;
}
else if (pid == 0){ //Child
	while(1){
	sleep(5);
	printf("Child\n");fflush(stdout);
	}
	return 0;
}
else{//Parent
	for(i=1;i<=times;i++){
		sleep(1);
		printf("Parent\n");fflush(stdout);
	}
	printf("Killing Child (pid %d)\n",pid);
	kill(pid); //Or kill(pid,1)
	printf("Waiting for child to terminate\n");
	wait(); //Seg Fault if kill(pid,1)
        //Wait till tomorrow if kill(pid)
	printf("Exiting\n");fflush(stdout);
	return 0;