Re: MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge

Larry Hall wrote:

The current buzz on this change was that MS was afraid
> too many "orphaned" 98 users (currently 25% of Windows users)
> might "defect" to Linux rather than upgrade [...]

Oooh. I wonder what they were smoking. I seriously doubt even a tiny fraction of those users would even *think* about Linux, let alone think they could handle it themselves. We're talking about folks who think adding a DIMM is something they have to haul the PC back to the manufacturer for..

No, I see this as more of a move towards enticing people to try SFU for free. Once they're hooked, we'll see "SFU Professional", "SFU Enterprise Edition" (and dare I dream? "SFU Data Center Edition").

("The first hit's free, kid!").